Thursday, July 12, 2012

Puppy Love

As I'm planning to move soon I've started going all my old stuff to try and downsize, I found this giant "I Love You Puppy" that my friends gave me after I moved to the west coast a few years ago. It's adorable, but being 25 it's not exactly what I'd display in my apartment. A few of my munchkins have just recently had new siblings and have been emotional disasters to say the least, and having 2 teachers in a class of 24 makes it impossible to give them the one-on-one attention they need.

It's only been a few days since I brought the puppy in for the kids, and it has already been such a huge help! They give him hugs when they need extra love, play with him if I'm busy talking to a parent, and he even took a nap with an extra sensitive munchkin with a newborn at home. Today as we were leaving the classroom for the night, the last four munchkins said he needed to snuggle in the rocking chair and got a blanket to tuck him in for night with.


Guess it's true when they say one person's trash is another person's treasure....and also a good thing that my apartment is filled with things 3-5 year olds would love!

No comments:

Post a Comment